Clarke Stephens Ambrose
EducationColumbia University — New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts - History, 1987
Professional ExperienceGoldsmith Murphy, Inc. — midtown Manhattan, NY
1986 to 1990
Vice President Commercial Real Estate, Leasing Salesperson, and Broker
Marbrose Inc. — New York, NY
1990 to 1993
Ran a full-service real-estate brokerage and management company responsible for 19 buildings in Manhattan.
Phoenix-Kenmure Limited Partnership/
Phoenix Land Company — Hendersonville, NC (assets transferred to Ambrose Landscapes)
1993 to present
Purchased and developed a 58-acre subdivision of a 1440-acre gated golf-course development in Flat Rock, North Carolina called Kenmure. When I purchased it, the area was raw land. I worked with a surveyor to create luxurious lots that would maximize the natural features such as long-range views and almost pristine springs and streams. In addition to beautifying the lots, some extensively, I gained a great deal of knowledge about erosion and stormwater runoff. I needed to make the lots as attractive as possible, so in addition to paved roads and utilities, I preserved as many old trees as possible, utilized an abundance of hand-cut stone from old spring houses, and turned the required silt ponds into fish ponds.
Ambrose Landscapes — Asheville, NC
2004 to present
Currently offering landscape design and installation services to high-end residential homes and commercial properties. Previously I performed these services as a function of Phoenix Land Company, but I decided to create Ambrose Landscapes in order to reflect my transition to full-time landscaping.
- I specialize in tree, plant and flower selection, gardens, stone work, ponds, entrances and borders, water-runoff solutions and low-impact development (LID).
- I utilize a professional foreman and crew with whom I have worked for over a decade.
- I personally oversee and participate in all of the landscaping projects.
- Client consultations are kept confidential for privacy and to minimize exposure for those who travel extensively.
Related Experience & Interests
- Real Estate Brokers Licenses — North Carolina, South Carolina, New York
- North Carolina Insurance Licenses — Health/Accident/Life, Property/Casualty
- North Carolina State Master Gardeners course
- Award-winning Hot Sauce inventor
- Member NC Arboretum, Lifetime Member of United Plant Savers, ECO-Hendersonville
- NC State Stream Doctor I and II
- NCNLA Certified Turfgrass Professional course
- NC Pesticide License
- NC Registered Landscape Contractor License